Young People's Forum
Anyone aged 25 and under with an experience of an eating disorder can join our Young People's Forum!
Young people's forum members have a number of roles:
- Telling us their opinions about our services and information and helping us to develop further.
- Commenting on the services and information provided outside Beat and helping us to influence change for the better
- Giving young people a voice at Beat and outside of Beat, for example in the media and in the healthcare system
- Challenging how eating disorders are perceived by people and helping to change this.
What Beat does:
- Provides a chat facility for the youth forum to support one another and discuss subjects relating to eating disorders
- Regularly communicates with the forum, bringing you Beat news of events, ideas we are developing and items we need your opinions of and help with.
- Offers a webzine which forum members can contribute to with articles, real stories, tips to help others etc You could also have a go editing it!
- Offers a website full of information to help you recover or continue to be recovered from your eating disorder
- Support and information if you are struggling
Many young people have joined our forum. Young people have told us that they find it difficult being heard. We hope the forum will give them the opportunity to tell others how they feel and really be listened to. To join the Forum click here.