Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2015
Eating Disorder Awareness Week is an international awareness event, fighting the myths and misunderstadnings that surround anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and EDNOS.
This year's week ran from Monday 23 February to Sunday 1 March 2015, and was a huge sucess - Beat would like to thank the countless supporters who take part in fundraising and awareness events and made it all possible.
This year we comissioned a report on the total financial and economic costs of eating disorders to the UK, totalling £15 billion per year. The report highlights the drastic need to increase resources for early intervention, but also empahises that the costs of eating disorders are not just financial, with 90% of respondents reporting that their eating disorder had a very significant or significant impact on their wellbeing and quality of life. You can read the report here.
If you'd like to fundraise for Beat, it's still not too late to take part: our Sock it to Eating Disorders fundrasing packs are available until Tuesday 31 March 2015. Just click the button below to fill out your details and get your free pack. Here's some great ways you can take part and fundraise for Beat:
- Organise a silly socks day at work or school and ask everyone to donate £1
- Decorate your socks in Beat colours
- Take part in a sponsored event in your silliest socks
- Knit, crochet or make your own socks and sell them to your friends and family or on Ebay for Beat
- Encourage your sports team to wear silly socks for a match or training session
- Make and sell sock shaped cookies