"The involvement we have had with Educate Too has been very positive. The students have enjoyed the resources which have tackled sensitive areas often without them realising."
Sue Galloway - Guidance Manager and Personal Development Co-ordinator Kings International College, Camerberley, Surrey
Beat, the UK’s leading eating disorder charity, have created Educate Too, a unique education resource for KS3 and KS4 designed to aid teachers to build student’s knowledge, develop strategies to boost their self-esteem, raise awareness and ultimately help prevent the development of eating disorders
Six benefits of Educate Too…
Save time and effort!
- A complete 'pick up and go' PSHE resource CD with everything you need to deliver full, interactive lessons on the subjects of self-esteem, body image and eating disorders.
- Easy to interpret with step-by-step lesson plans, teacher notes and curriculum checklists.
- The paperwork is all done for you; you just get straight on with teaching!
Unique interactive, informative resources
Varied worksheets and activities encourage students to think positively and challenge their own assumptions through discussion and a variety of fun, interactive resources including audio, multimedia and film.
Fully meets the requirements of the National Curriculum and government initiatives
- KS3/KS4 PSHE and Citizenship; Every Child Matters; Personal Learning and Thinking Skills; and Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning.
- Curriculum checklists are supplied detailing the sections of the curriculum covered by each lesson and each covers the three methods of learning - audio, visual and kinesthetic.
Help prevent eating disorders
- The Teacher’s guide provides a comprehensive understanding of these conditions and the skills to support students, enabling teachers to help young sufferers seek treatment early rather than the eating disorder developing into a more serious condition.
- The Parent’s guide provides reliable information, guidance and advice about eating disorders.
Created by Beat and exclusively developed with recovered young sufferers
Having delivered successful training for over a decade, Beat have 21 years experience in providing support and advice to young people, families and professionals, and also supports the government and the NHS to develop eating disorder policy and treatments.
Beat and the charity’s Young Ambassadors, who have recovered from eating disorders themselves, are ‘the’ specialists who developed this unique programme so you know it has been accurately shaped from expert knowledge and real life experiences.
Choose which resource
There are three resources available, each containing unique lesson plans specific for each Year in both KS3 and KS4. Click here for more information on the context of each CD Resource.
Year 7 or Years 7, 8 and 9:
Lesson 1: Understanding Self-esteem
Lesson 2: Self-esteem and body image
Lesson 3: Understanding eating disorders
Years 10 and 11:
Lesson 1: Self-esteem and body image
Lesson 2: Understanding eating disorders
How to purchase Educate Too
Online: Buy the Educate Too resources by visiting the shop
By Post: Download the Educate Too order form
- Please make cheques payable to Beat.
- To pay by invoice we well need a purchase order from you first, therefore please send it
with your order form and we will send you an invoice.
By Telephone: with a credit card, contact the Training Team on 01603 753 321.
Your Educate Too resource will be posted to you once payment has been received.
If you would like further assistance you may call the above telephone number or email firstname.lastname@example.org