Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2015
Eating Disorders Awareness Week is a chance to raise awareness and understanding of eating disorders, challenge stereotypes and stigmas and raise funds for Beat. This year's week runs from Monday 23 February to Sunday 1 March 2015.
During Eating Disorders Awareness Week, get together with work colleagues, friends or family to fundraise for Beat and help us support people affected by eating disorders and their families, friends and carers.
This year we will again be running our Sock it to Eating Disorders fundraising event, where we ask the nation to put on silly socks and donate £1 to Beat. There are also lots of other great ways you can raise money. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Organise a silly socks day at work or school and ask everyone to donate £1
- Decorate your socks in Beat colours
- Take part in a sponsored event in your silliest socks
- Knit, crochet or make your own socks and sell them to your friends and family or on Ebay for Beat
- Encourage your sports team to wear silly socks for a match or training session
- Make and sell sock shaped cookies
Get your free fundraisng pack
If you'd like a fundraising pack of posters, stickers, collection boxes and lots of tips and advice, just visit our Sock it page and sign up for a fundraising pack.
We'd love to hear you're doing for the day, so don't forget to also, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 753336 and send us your pictures for our Sock it to Eating Disorders photo gallery!